Monday, January 11, 2010

Show And Tell

"You must understand this CS3216 is not like your typical NUS class. " - says Prof Ben, and tonight's show-and-tell revealed to me something unique about my peers, which would probably would never have happened in a typical classroom setting amongst the cheerless silence willing emancipation from school. Thankfully. Because I like twist and excitement, not only for it's high, but also because it makes my Life meaningful. I want to live to see more, experience more and do more.

I love people and I think I fell in love tonight. With their honesty, their candidness, their personalities. The energy is incredible. I feel that when we have the courage to show people what's true of ourselves, be it beauty or failures, happiness or sorrow, grace or forgiveness, it creates an instance of soul laid bare. It's like a leap of faith which inspires. How often I found myself wanting, wishing and needing to communicate people in this space of possibility, vulnerability and intimacy where there is none to be found because "people are not important" or because "there's no time".

I thrive on inspiration and love and I do hope that I am able bring out the best in myself and others, in a spectacular showing, in the most open and empowering telling. I know, we can do so much more.

Cheers. I enjoyed sharing myself too, albeit the fatigue and nervousness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the energy level here is incredible. It just feels great to be surrounded by such positive people. Can't wait to see the kind of work produced.

reuben

Toms said...

Totally.

Post a Comment