Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the Key lesson

Surprisingly, the main lesson I learned last night when 6 entrepreneurs shared their experience

Amazingly the main lesson that I have learned from a night of sharing from 6 different entrepreneurs covering 6 different sectors ( underscoring the point that entrepreneurship is the one of the toughest challenge one can embark in his Life ) is from a lady named Simran who was Ash's wife.

Prior to the talk, I was feeling quite confused and angsty, partially due to the fact that the project is not going as well as planned (bad stuff happens, and I just have to suck it up). Hence I was there, sucking it up along with the lingering effects of a fever that I am recovering from. Fortunately, I am always a person for stories, especially one which people shared with their heart and passion, which enamored me. Hearing about the battle feats, the ups and the down rejuvenated me - in the sense that as I empathizes with the entrepreneur's darkest hours, resolve and aspiration, I began to feel beyond myself and larger than Life. It is sometimes others, which made me feel inadequate in giving, in loving and in doing, but more often that not, in a warped state of mind, it my faithlessness that is playing tricks with me.

I mused at my 10000th realisation as I checked with my inner self of what do I really wanted to do in Life and it was always clear. I realised again that I cherished Life, the people (around me) and the gratification of growth and raising up to challenges. As each entrepreneur took me through their journey, I felt increasingly sure that a Life of spirited play is what I am really after ( which mean I am a sucker for challenges XP)!.

Few of the important lessons that I took away:
- Tong: Having a cap on their salary. Offering employees different portfolio. Serving a need, or remedying a pain that already exist in the market.
- Ash: Sales solves everything. And I really love his focus on building the culture of his company, that i something that I would also put as my priority!

However, my main lesson was very simple. I asked Simran how did she maintain focus and balance with all the work, adrenaline and stress and she told me one thing:

"Be clear on the 3 main things that you want to do each day fulfill them. "

Then, it hit me! Yup, it's that simple and it is something that I have always been looking for. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment